The client is looking for a Senior Associate Scientist, Nucleic Acid Purification, who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to drive fast growth. Reporting to VP, Nucleic Acid Technology, this role will work closely with both plasmid and mRNA process development team to develop innovative purification platform for nucleic acid, as well as deliver customer projects to support exciting cell & gene therapy application. The successful candidate will have the vast growth opportunities via cross training through both plasmid and mRNA process development, tech transfer and scale-up for GMP manufacturing, and related analytics for process monitor and final product release.
Essential Job Function
- Apply knowledge and skills in chromatography and filtration technologies to lead the scalable process development for plasmid and mRNA purification
- Support and conduct analytical assays to characterize physical and biological properties of plasmid and mRNA via agarose gel electrophoresis, fragment analyzer, dot-blot, ELISA, and/or other methods
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including upstream process development, analytics, engineering, GMP manufacturing and quality to ensure the delivery of customer projects
- Responsible for laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Author, review and mange documents including laboratory notebooks, process development reports, technical transfer records, and process related documents.
Experience And Skills
- Degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry, or a related scientific field. B.S. with 3+ years, or M.S with 1+ years of relative experience in a biotech/pharma setting.
- Hands-on skills on AKTA with UNICORN control software and filtration technologies for large molecules is a must.
- Hands-on experience in plasmid and RNA preparation and characterization is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience in standard analytical technologies for nucleic acid s including HPLC, agarose gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA is a plus
- An ability to work independently, meet deadlines and prioritize work effectively. Must be able to thrive and deliver results on goals in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment.