Position is open only to Colorado residents. Interviews will be done virtually, but work will be hybrid.
Contract to hire contingent upon successful engagement.
Are you seeking more than a paycheck? Do you have a desire to make an impact that goes beyond the bottom line? Are you ready for a fulfilling career that makes government interactions better for everyone? At Jeffco, we are looking for a customer-focused individual who takes pride in their work, has an eye for detail, and believes that attitude is everything when it comes to working as a team to achieve great results. Whether you are coming from a situation that doesn't really connect with your sense of purpose, or looking for a break from an overwhelming workload, we think you'll find a great work quality of life at Jeffco. We offer benefits that maximize work-life balance such as the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Colorado, flexible schedules, a 4-day work week, 88 hours of paid holidays plus generous paid time off allowances.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to enhance your career without sacrificing what's important to you outside of work, then we invite you to apply for an opportunity to work for a county that thrives on working collaboratively and overcoming challenges. We are seeking someone who has a strong work-ethic, is a self-starter, loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge and experience.
IT Project Manager
ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you a leader who wants to make a difference? Do you have a passion for contributing to the community? We have an exciting opportunity to join our Business Innovation and Technology Department as a Project Manager. You will work with a variety of departments across Jeffco to bring new or improved services and solutions to our community.
We are searching for a motivated and experienced Project Manager who excels at communication, collaboration, and prides themselves on building relationships, understanding technology, and managing multiple initiatives. We are seeking someone who is partner-focused and dedicated to bringing people together to make our processes and services better. Jeffco strives to build a diverse Project Management Office, and we want your ideas and experience to add to the strength of our team.
The position will report directly to the PMO Manager. The successful candidate will have great interpersonal and organization skills and should be able to use a variety of tools and manage a diverse group of stakeholders. We are looking for a passionate Project Manager who can lead projects successfully as well as contribute to building our Project Management Office by sharing their opinions and experiences.
Specifically, the IT Project Manager should expect to:
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to defined timelines and within the allocated budget. The Project Manager is responsible for partnering with the business and end-users and ensuring the product meets their needs.
- Use appropriate project management tools, reports, templates, and PMO process documentation.
- Work directly with department staff, as well as vendors (if applicable) and, when necessary, help other departments in fulfilling the requirements of assigned projects.
- Utilize project management best practices, including risk management, quality management, change management, change control and communication.
- Manage through collaboration and by providing leadership, guidance, and support to all project team members on assigned projects.
- Conduct business process analysis and technology evaluations.
- Work with internal customers to identify and implement process and technology changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Well-qualified candidates will have experience creating and managing the following types of project assets: Requirements/Deliverables Traceability Matrix, Risk Register, ROI analysis, RACI Diagram, Stakeholder Register, Communication Plan, QA Plan, Project Plan/Schedule, Project Charters, Letter of Acceptance, RFPs and Statements of Work.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with multiple types of technology projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Government experience
- Teams Workspace/MS Project
- PMP, CAPM or CSM Certification
- ITIL Certification/experience
- A utility player who can flex and expand to what the project requires.
- Experience in cross-functional project management supporting fellow employees and leadership at an enterprise level.
- Although you are focused on execution, you maintain a view on the bigger picture and think through ways to make improvements.
- Results-oriented expert for vendor selection and vendor management.
- Flexible, you understand and accept that even with a detailed plan, change is inevitable and are quick to adapt to changes in direction, priority or plans.
- A true partner of the PMO team, who participates in enhancing the assets and processes of the Project Management Office.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- You are a go-getter with a strong sense of urgency. You anticipate changes and proactively plan and take action before risks become issues.
- Internalize, operationalize, and quickly own new concepts.
Communication & Influence:
- Communications are clear and concise. You can talk about complex technical concepts in business terms, and adjust your communication from executives to end users.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to partner effectively with other team members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- You maintain a strong pulse on what is transpiring, keeping teams informed while looking ahead to set expectations for upcoming work.
- Collaboration and teamwork are at the core of all you do. You are great at connecting with others, understanding multiple perspectives and work well with others to accomplish project goals.
- You are comfortable presenting to large audiences including Senior Leadership.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are a must; you can clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.