We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences department within a small biotech company located in South San Francisco, CA. The Senior Research Associate will be primarily responsible for laboratory protein science work including protein purification and characterization using state of the art chromatography platforms. This is an initial 6 month contract position, with potential to extend/convert to FTE. As a w2 contract worker you are eligible to a benefits including package health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k vehicle and more.
- High throughput small scale batch purifications, and large scale, FPLC-based protein purification using affinity, ion-exchange, and size exclusion chromatography
- Protein characterization including conformational, stability, as well as other biophysical attributes using HPLC and other methodologies
- BS plus 3 or more years, or MS plus 1 or more years of industry experience with recombinant protein purification and characterization
- Prior experience with antibody and soluble protein affinity chromatography techniques as well as experience choosing secondary purification methodologies
- Proficient using AKTA systems for protein purification and protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE, UV spectroscopy, and HPLC
This opportunity is targeting a pay rate of $38-45/hr ($76-90,000/year)
Please apply with your most up to date resume to be considered.