Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Consumer Signals and Intelligence team based in Burlington, VT.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you'll be immersed in an environment that values your technical leadership, teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you'll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
- As a Senior Software Engineer on the Cox Automotive Consumer Data Sets team, you will be a part of a software team that designs, develops, tests, deploys, integrates and supports robust and scalable data products.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system
- Design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
- Enhance the performance and reliability of our current solutions
- Influence technical solutions while coaching newer or less experienced engineers on your Scrum team
- Adhere to "infrastructure as code" principals and CI/CD best practices
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across scrum teams
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- A successful candidate is self-motivated, with the drive to excel and exceed commitments. You thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere where wearing multiple hats is encouraged. You learn new skills and technology quickly. You have strong collaboration/communication skills, as you will be a member of a scrum team consisting of other software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way. You are team oriented. You provide leadership in designing solutions as well as mentoring more junior developers and collaborating with peers.
Technologies We Use:
- AWS cloud-native architectures in multiple regions
- DevOps Tools: Terraform, Jenkins, Github, Kubernetes
- Database: DyanmoDB, Neptune, Snowflake
- Monitoring and Alerting: New Relic and PagerDuty
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics) and 4 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination of experience and education
What We Look For:
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
- Strong Java or Scala skills
- Expertise with designing and implementing high volume web services
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Effective communication and listening skills
Salary: $140,000- 160,000