We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences department within a small biotech company located in South San Francisco, CA. You will be primarily responsible for laboratory protein science work including protein purification and characterization using state of the art chromatography platforms. This is an initial 6 month contract position, with potential to extend/convert to FTE. As a w2 contract worker you are eligible to receive benefits including health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k, and more.
- High throughput small scale batch purifications, and large scale, FPLC-based protein purification using affinity, ion-exchange, and size exclusion chromatography
- Protein characterization including conformational, stability, as well as other biophysical attributes using HPLC and other methodologies
- BS plus 3 or more years, or MS plus 1 or more years of industry experience with recombinant protein purification and characterization
- Prior experience with antibody and soluble protein affinity chromatography techniques as well as experience choosing secondary purification methodologies
- Proficient using AKTA systems for protein purification and protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE, UV spectroscopy, and HPLC
The anticipated hourly range for this role is $38 - 45. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there may be flexibility on final job title and responsibilities. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity etc.
Please apply with your most up to date resume to be considered.