Location: Fort Worth TX
Pay: $65/h + DOE
Looking for a Staff Overhead Transmission Line Engineer to support our growing Transmission & Distribution practice. The successful candidate will:
· Perform, lead and oversee all engineering responsibilities related to overhead transmission line design. This includes PLS-CADD modelling, line routing, structure analysis and loading trees, developing design criteria, sag-tension calculations, wire blowout, swing angle, damper recommendations, structure spotting, clearance reports, wire selection, etc.
· Prepare specifications for construction, hardware, and material for high voltage overhead transmission line (HV OH T-Line); structure design and development; hardware design and selection; and field installation supervision.
· Prepare construction drawings and cost estimates for high voltage overhead transmission lines.
· Providing input and adhering to project schedules and budgets
· Additional responsibilities include providing instruction and guidance to less experienced staff members. This position may develop into a leadership role at which point this individual will be expected to lead teams of engineers as well as be a primary interface between our clients. Experience as the technical lead on projects and performing quality reviews is a plus.
· Bachelor's degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program is required. A professional certification, EIT, and/or a professional engineer licensure is strongly desired.
· Minimum 3 years of related experience with routing and design of high voltage overhead transmission line facilities (completion of master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills is required.
· Experience in 69kV to 500kV line design and working knowledge and/or expertise in Power Line system based programs (i.e., PLS, PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, etc.) preferred.