Staff Solution Consultant
Architecture & Engineering Industry
Kansas City, MO
*Kansas City preferred, open to candidates that reside in other company regional offices including St. Louis, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois, Denver, Colorado, Greenville, South Carolina, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Columbus, Ohio, or Wallingford, Connecticut.
The Staff Consultant/Engineer/Analyst is responsible for ensuring our customers' success by creating best-of-breed solutions to business challenges. You will work directly with business stakeholders, data consumers, and data producers to make sure that SCADA and AVEVA / OSI PI data provides real business value to our customers. You will directly provide support and recommendations to our customers on their PI System architecture and Administration. In a cross-functional and highly collaborative environment, you will work with coworkers who are just as excited and passionate about the value that modern SCADA data and visualization can bring to our customers. You will help design, develop, implement, maintain, and improve customer's suite of PI software tools and related systems to meet the analytic needs of the business.
- Provide oversight, direction, and act as the subject matter expert for the PI system.
- Makes decisions regarding implementation, configuration, and installation of PI systems at customers.
- Responsible for administration of the OSI PI system. Responsible for PI configuration, testing, tuning, monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades in combination with IT resources.
- Provide system administration of OSIsoft's PI System.
- Responsible for OSIsoft PI System tag creation, tag monitoring, and tag maintenance
- Responsible for performance optimization and monitoring system health for the OSIsoft PI System.
- Install, configure, and maintain PI Interfaces, PI Connectors and PI Adaptors.
- Build Asset Framework hierarchies templates, Elements and setup Notifications, Event Frames and Analysis.
- Build PI Vision displays.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in OSI PI as a consultant, analyst, engineer or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of extensive experience in OSIsoft PI Historian installation, configuration, and support.
- Excellent knowledge of SCADA, PLC, OPC, and DCS based control systems and its integration with OSI PI.
- Experience Integrating and Architecting enterprise systems with OSI PI system.
- Highly competent in implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting of OSI PI Interfaces including but not limited to OPC DA, PI to PI, RDBMS, UFL, DNP3, and has successfully implemented within several client projects.
- Experience consulting, building, and optimizing PI AF hierarchies, templates, analyses, calculations, event frames and notifications.
- Ability to design visualization and reporting solutions in PI Vision.
- Experience assisting end users with the use of PI tools, like PI Vision, Data Link and PI Integrator.
- Installation of PI System in a High Availability configuration and setting up interfaces with Failover configuration.
- Setting up of fresh PI AF Server and replicating the AF Databases and AF Models from other enterprise PI Systems.
- Experience integrating OSI PI data using PI Integrator for BA and ESRI with 3rd party systems.
- Experience developing custom applications using Microsoft .Net technology (C#, ASP.NET) and AF SDK.
- Energy/Utilities experience with application support and development.
- Technical knowledge of networks and related hardware and software.
- Technical knowledge of network security.
- Experience with SCADA systems, electric generating plants, transmission.
- Exposure to Control Logic and P&IDs.
- Exposure to .NET, C-Sharp, VB, Python.
*The expected pay range for this position is $60.00-$65.00 hourly