Supply Chain Analyst
Assignment length - 6 months (this is a temp to hire position)
Location - Salt Lake City, Utah (Remote at first and will transition to Salt Lake City facility in June)
Schedule - Mon - Fri (8AM - 5PM MST)
Pay Rate - $42.00 per hour
The Demand Planner will lead Global Supply Chain Demand planning activities from concept development through commercialization, to ensure supply continuity. Serve as a core team member with marketing and sales to support new product launches, phase in/phase out and scenario analysis to ensure alignment across functions and all regional and global supply chain stakeholders.
This exciting opportunity will support a differentiated business at Edwards LifeSciences. This role will aid in the transition to a new business while supporting active programs in commercial production and new product introduction.
This role will start remote and transition to on site in Salt Lake City, UT. This is a flexible on-site role which will thrive in a collaborative, start up like environment. This role will support a business that spans the globe and some time flexibility would be preferable to accommodate multiple time zones when needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work cross functionally to integrate global demand plan from international regions and domestic markets,
- Sets up a balanced volume plan, detailed plan and material plan which considers operations efficiency, inventory and stock cost, SLOB risk and customer service,
- Performs rough-cut Capacity Planning to meet customers' requirements,
- Ensure finished products and work in process master data is updated on time on all correspondent systems,
- Leads Capacity Planning and improvement projects or critical issue discussions,
- Initiative-taking identification of issues that may affect supply, drives short - and long-term planning activities/ processes and day-to-day planning, retrieves, interprets demand and sales trends, calculates safety stock, optimizes investory levels, resolves mismatches/ payment issues, collects monthly supplier performance metrics and creates/updates order to external suppliers,
- Follows global monthly planning schedule to deliver plans to contract manufacturers
- Communicates forecast and priorities to the external sites.
- Manages inventory, SLOB process to keep correct and target stock levels at Distribution center and contract manufacturers.
- Creates new and ensures master data is correct and updated as required for reliable MRP/ERP outputs.
- Supports S&OP and business plan teams. Develops supply plans in support of new launches and ensures processes and systems are in place to support the new product launches.
- Tracks and reports expiry risk Inventory targets, Demand Order Coverage, Weeks of Coverage, stock outs, and on-time launch metrics.
- Development and execution of a Supply Chain Plan for assigned business plan requirements, new product development / introduction (NPI) projects.
- Ensure proper Global Supply Chain (GSC) integration into the NPI process through early collaboration with NPD Team Leader, R&D and Marketing.
- Developing strategies, analyses, and informational products to prevent and mitigate medical device supply chain disruptions and shortages.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or scientific discipline.
Minimum of 3 to 7 years of manufacturing operations experience with five of those years in the development and/or introduction of new products into supply chain a regulated industry.
Experience leading cross functional teams without direct line reporting authority.
Experience in multiples areas of Supply Chain such as Sourcing, Manufacturing, Planning and/or Distribution.
Knowledge of design controls for Class II & III medical devices, including familiarity with one or more of the following: device sterilization, mechanical devices, and catheter-based delivery systems.
Understanding of critical to quality (CTQ) design elements and cascading CTQs to design inputs / outputs and process controls / limits.
Ability to set clear expectations and orchestrate all Operations activities related to Planning Sourcing, Manufacturing, Distribution, and other functions.
* Proficient in ERP and MS Excel with ability to create V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries through influence, negotiation and partnership.
Ability to prioritize issues to support the customer and supply chain requirements; and work across teams in a cross-functional organization.
Proven business insight in Supply Chain and financials with ability to embed a culture of harmonization and value creation.
Strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives and work in across teams where priorities change rapidly and require delivering results against tight deadlines.
Ability to partner with and influence others with minimal coaching.
Serve as a role model for evidence-based decision-making.
Experience in preparing for and presenting project status to executive leadership, including the development, and managing of dashboards.