Technical Support Specialist - Next Generation Sequencing
European Language Skills needed! (French, Spanish, Dutch or Italian)
Location: Great Abington
Duration: 12 months initially
Rate: £16.25phr PAYE
Working technical support team for the EMEA region.
As a product expert, you will provide support to customers and colleagues on our products; bead array and Next Generation Sequencing. You'll also be able to utilise European language skills (must have French, Spanish, Dutch or Italian) supporting primarily a designated region of Europe.
Like you, we know the importance of your role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are encouraged to continually develop your skills and knowledge. Our mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome - If that inspires you, let's talk.
You'll join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, helping change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets.
Responsibilities will include:
· Professionally, efficiently and conclusively triage, troubleshoot and resolve customer's technical questions
· Log and manage customer issues using our issue-tracking database
· Troubleshoot a variety of issues related to our products with a focus on instruments under limited instruction
· Keen interest in learning our bead array technology and support our end-users of the technology
· Collaborate with colleagues to ensure efficient and timely support for our customers
· Assist customers with and provide analysis of customer data
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
· Triage and dispatch issues requiring field support to Field Service Engineers and Field Applications Scientists/Specialists
· Provide technical guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate product to existing and prospective customers
· Working closely with sales and marketing, QA/QC, research and development to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up
· Sitting in the technical support department of the headquarters office in Europe, you will collaborate with colleagues and other teams to offer the level and quality of support our customers expect
Preferred Educational and Experience Background:
· Ph.D./ M.S or B.S. plus previous relevant lab experience in molecular biology, genetics, software & bioinformatics or related field
· European language skills - French, Italian, German or Spanish
· Hands-on laboratory experience using, developing or troubleshooting a wide range of molecular biology protocols such as PCR, sequencing, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and related procedures with a strong flavour of Software & Bioinformatics usage
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills is a MUST
· Experience working in any service role desired