Hydrogen Group are currently looking for a Systems Administrator with a strong Linux background to join a fast-growing Fintech that deliver low-latency computer, connectivity and analytics exclusively within global capital markets and financial services. The Company is based in Glasgow
The Systems Administrator role is a permanent position and the company work a hybrid working pattern that is 2 days in the office and 3 days from home. The salary is competitive and they have a good benefits package to go along side.
Overview of the role
The position would ideally suit an experienced Systems Administrator with a comprehensive knowledge of Linux based operating systems including CentOS (Fedora) and Ubuntu (Debian), and extensive knowledge of networking (e.g iptables). Experience configuring switches (Juniper) and some knowledge of BGP would be helpful. Some exposure to Windows Server and to Virtualization (VMWare) would be advantageous.
· Oversee global Linux estate, providing network maintenance, security and high-performance Linux systems to demanding financial clients
· Maintain existing infrastructure (firewalls, VPNs, and internal Linux-based systems)
· Collaborate our developers on maintaining a distributed, multi-server system and organising failover and backups.
· Produce and maintain product documentation as an ongoing process and within specific projects.
· Provide L3 support for server issues.
Essential skills for the Successful Candidate
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR 3 years of Systems Administration experience
· 5+ years of professional experience in a Systems Architecture role.
· Experience maintaining varied systems and architectures.
· Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies are essential.
· Excellent communication skills - this role requires working closely with multiple teams.
· Expert in Linux systems
· Strong working knowledge of networking.
· Shell Scripting
· Being able to Plan and organise workload effectively
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving skills
· Communication skills