Windows Infrastructure Engineer/Systems Engineer
£520 p/d Inside
MUST HAVE: PowerShell and VMware knowledge
The main function of a Systems Engineer is to perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment, providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Support and maintain Microsoft AD, System Centre, MDT and our VMware Infrastructure.
- Take ownership of technically challenging incidents and requests, ensuring operational issues are managed and progressed as quickly as possible.
- Assess and deploy security patches to protect against threats and vulnerabilities.
- Identify TOIL and look for continuous improvements of the supported IT infrastructure.
- Liaise with 3rd Party vendors and system providers
- Ensure that any changes to existing production platforms are captured in the change management system and documented.
What you'll bring:
- Excellent PowerShell scripting skills
- Extensive Microsoft AD knowledge covering design, delivery, management and support.
- Experience in administering and troubleshooting Window Server operating systems and Group Policy.
- Knowledge of Windows OS Build standards that conform to CIS
- Experience working with VMware and virtual machines.
- Knowledge of Public and Private cloud technologies