Technical Lead - EU (remote)
*Various Locations in Europe. Please get in touch to find out more about the locations*
Reporting to the Technical and Design Director on the GE Capital Team, and tactically reporting to the project specific Project Director on the Global Engineering (GE) Capital Program Team, the successful candidate will manage a team providing client engineering input to lead the design effort and subsequent phases for each of the following elements, throughout the project delivery lifecycle:
- All Process unit operations
- Automation, including systems infrastructure, platform selection, hardware design and systems integration for both process systems control and building management systems.
- The role also encompasses responsibility for the management of Commission and Qualification activities on the project utilizing Client's Verification (ASTM E2500) model.
This is a key leadership role within the project organization and the successful candidate is expected to strongly integrate the work of Process, Automation and C&Q functions with those of Technical Services, Operations and Quality.
The role will direct key decisions within the engineering design for this future new facility from the perspective of how the facility will ultimately be configured and operated, initially through conceptual design and subsequently preliminary & detailed design, construction, commissioning and qualification, PV and start-up.
- Team leadership of Process, Automation and C&V groups.
- Provide client technical engineering input to scope definition, specification and procurement for all process equipment.
- Review and approval of A/E firm process engineering design deliverables
- Review and approval of equipment package bid analyses.
- Provide engineering input into overall facility layout and design.
- Support input to the development of detailed capital project execution schedule
- Provide engineering input into cost estimate preparation for the project.
- Manage process design quality and design change.
- Develop general procedures, metrics and deliverables in support of successful delivery of the project objectives on time and within budget.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and propose mitigation plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact and collaborate with team members and external stakeholders is essential.
Min qualification - BS in Engineering Discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience of A/E Design Firm project execution
- Minimum (12 years) pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical engineering project experience.
- Previous experience in design of project >$100 MM required
- Knowledge of and direct operational experience within manufacturing facilities including large molecule, small molecule and sterile injectables.
- Knowledge and experience of project execution for fully automated facility design
- Knowledge of Delta V.
- Experience of facility design in a 3D Model / BIM environment utilizing integrated project delivery
- Experience with 3D model and client design reviews
- Experience of Equipment vendor package management and design coordination
- Knowledge and experience of commissioning & qualification, with knowledge of ASTM E2500 a particular advantage.
- Good understanding of risk management methodologies, with a proven ability to apply in Bio-pharmaceutical operations.
- Strong knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, operational excellence techniques. Six Sigma experience an advantage.
- Previous experience as PFE People Manager preferred with knowledge of HR practices
- Minimum 5 years people management.
- Chartered member of professional institution
- PMP Certification