We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Technical Specialist to join a leading Renewables client!
This is a Part Time position that is slotted for 30 hours per week. Initial Contract term is 12 months.
- This position makes decisions and recommendations having significant impact on engineering, design, environmental, and field operations.
- Incumbent is recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Acts as a technical liaison and provide training for engineering and operational personnel within their areas of expertise.
- Responsible for one or more programs of such diversity and scope to be of importance to overall company objectives and reliability of the BES.
- Responsible for selection of equipment and material for all Transmission & Substation projects with consideration to reliability, safety, lowest life cycle cost and performance.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electrical, Technology or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Transmission & Substation engineering
- Project management
- Advanced ability with analysis and problem solving, integrity and compliance, process and project management and professional skills.
- Competent ability with commercial, communications and leadership skills
- Bachelors degree
- Electrical, Engineering, Technology or related field of study
- Professional Engineer Certification
- Six Sigma Certification
- Green Belt or higher
Primary (Essential) Job Functions (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.):
- Engineering, Design, and Environmental
- Reliability Plans, Event Response and Asset Management
- Project, Procedure and Process Development
- Estimating and Budgeting
- Operational Support of all NextEra Energy Inc affiliates
- NERC and Regulatory Compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Development and revision of equipment and material specifications
- Personnel Administration (Coaching, mentoring, etc)
- Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
- Ability to work extended hours
Our ideal candidate would be tech savvy and be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Monitoring solar and EV assets in Data Acquisition Systems, working with sub-contractor to schedule corrective maintenance and track through completion
- Track execution of preventive maintenance schedule
- Maintain logs for events, site access instruction and contacts
- Implement process improvements utilizing SharePoint, Excel and Access as needed -
- Field requests from customers about site issues
- Statistical analysis to identify trends in recurrent faults, root causes, etc.