Process Development and Documentation
- Assist in the design, development, and maintenance of process flow diagrams.
- Create detailed standard operating procedure instructions to assist stakeholders in the performance of complex tasks as a part of delivering IT services.
- Edit and enhance source documentation of a technical nature to ensure derived artifacts are clear, concise, comprehensive, and user-friendly.
- Assist with presentation preparation, including adapting process documentation into slide content.
- Follow the OIT Style Guide which establishes a set of brand and writing standards for OIT employees and contractors. This guide includes information about OIT and state branding, terminology, common grammar errors and more to help us all communicate consistently and effectively with our agency customers, the general public or within OIT.
- Work directly with the Transformation Initiative team on change management plans and execution by authoring communications to stakeholders that accurately convey process or other organizational changes and are aligned with the OIT communication practices and standards (including accessibility).
- Develop documentation that translates source materials of a technical nature into user-friendly language without compromising the accuracy and completeness of the translated source materials.
- Ensure consistency in terminology across all documentation and communications.
- Assist with building out training packages in support of the roll-out of new standards and standard operating procedures, at a minimum.
- Create dashboards to track metrics and provide Program-level status.
- 5+ years of experience with documenting processes and utilization of flow diagramming tools.
- Senior expertise in recommending and selecting the presentation formats or style based on the nature of the information being documented or presented.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer
- 3+ years of experience in the application of commonly accepted concepts and practices specific to Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and SDLC management to include, but not limited to, ITIL and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with organizing and maintaining a WIKI.
- Experience with Web design and content management.
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise in the application of style guidelines and practices, including accessibility
- Expert knowledge of common business applications, such as, Google suite of applications, Microsoft Office, Visio or Draw IO, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to edit Markdown language on either Azure wiki sites and Atlassian Confluence sites.
- Working knowledge of concepts and artifacts that facilitate the development of process documentation and achieve organizational change management objectives.
- Strong research skills using the Internet and other tools.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- WIKI development including organization and content management.