I'm currently looking for a Test Engineering Lead on a contractual basis. The role is working for a consultancy with the ned client been a retail bank. The contract is for an initial 6 months and would sit outside IR35. The rate would be £450 per day.
The Test Engineering Lead would be responsible for the delivery of testing on all the workstreams on the programme and must communicate with senior stakeholders within the business.
- Following the client's testing processes and techniques while carrying the following tasks:
- Analysing User Stories & Requirements/ Developing Test Plans and Scenarios and Cases/ Preparing Test Data (when required)
- Working closely with Analysts and Engineers on the developed solutions, providing feedback on the soundness of proposed solutions, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Using experience, domain knowledge and risk based approach, split testing effort effectively into the functional tests for automation, structured exploratory testing sessions and non-functional testing (UI, accessibility)
- Managing all forms of testing (functional and non-functional)
- Supporting and working closely with business stakeholders, product owners or users where engagement is needed
- Continuously assess and refactor test scenarios
- Estimating test effort for planned work, feedback any required metrics to Test Manager
- Creating and maintaining necessary online documentation
- Providing feedback/input on the techniques, solutions and tools used in end client
- Considerable testing and/or development experience
- Expert knowledge in Structured test methods & processes, Common software designs & high risk areas, Risk based approach to testing
- Experience working in collaborative agile development environments, preferably using BDD and of understanding different types and purpose of test
- automation and NFT.