Hydrogen are currently looking to recruit a Test Manager for a large Life and Pensions company based in Birmingham. The role is a hybrid role and will require the successful Test Manager to be onsite a couple of days per week. The role is a contract role for an initial 6 months but with potential extensions. The role sits outside IR35 and is paying up to £500 per day.
Ideally the candidate will have a background within the financial sector but this isn't essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation and co-ordination of the End-to-End Assurance and Test Strategy in the systems development life cycle.
- Provision of technical direction and governance (for Assurance and Testing), liaison with our client's test authority to ensure consistent interpretation of the company's mutual test strategies.
- Product delivery implementation activities, managing deliverables, project budgets, planning and forecasting, involved in recruitment and rotation plans.
- Providing test direction for the area
- Analysing new work and changes to existing projects to estimate the effort needed and to determine people and test environment requirements.
- Producing the project test strategy and/or test approach.
- Creating detailed test schedules, including identifying the dependencies on other areas.
- Ensuring all subordinate test documentation is produced by the appropriate individual and reviewed.
- Planning and managing all test stages for the project including co-ordination with external teams and attending project checkpoint meetings.
- Authorising the completion of test stages and arranging sign-off with the client and other key stakeholders.
- Coaching and mentoring more inexperienced Test Leads