Triage Test Engineer
3 month rolling contract
Brentwood (Essex) / remote
We are looking for a triage test engineer with a good understanding of wifi and networking. We are not looking for a network engineer.
Previous experience in testing of In-Home consumer products
Internet protocol knowledge in the following areas.
- Transport layer TCP, UDP.
- Internet layer IPv4 IPv6
- Application layer - DHCPv4, DHCPv6
Experience in testing Wi-Fi devices with knowledge of 802.11 and security protocols
Use of Network debug applications such as Wireshark/TCPdump
Understanding of the software and test development lifecycle
Experience in working within an Agile environment.
· Previous experience in using serial console and Linux commands
· Strong debugging network applications using network diagnostic tools / methods
· Experienced in the Creation and Maintenance of project documentation.
· Issue management experience using defect tracking tools
· Experience in creating new positive and negative test cases from requirements/user stories
· Executing test cases within a test management tool
· Create, maintain and execute test cases
· Raise, track and drive defects to resolution
· Document new test processes
· Provide timely status reports to the Test Lead
· Support the analysis of issues and defects raised through customer and trial channels
· Escalate, where necessary, testing and technical issues
· Contribute to the identification, development and rollout of improved test and quality practices
· Contribute to the specification and selection for any necessary tools required for enabling quality testing outcomes