Hydrogen Group are currently looking to recruit a permeant UI Designer for one of the fasted growing fintech's' in Scotland. The successful candidate would be expected to be onsite 2 days per week. The company is located in Glasgow.
Hydrogen Group are looking for someone who can understand the needs of the users, and work with the in-house development team to deliver software, which meets those needs in an intuitive and stylish fashion. You will work with multiple development teams as a shared resource to provide your expertise to them and help them translate the user's needs into great and intuitive UIs.
· Work as part of a team to deliver software, which meets business and user needs and expectations.
· Actively seek to understand the needs of the users, both internal and external.
· Advocate for the user and their experience at all stages of the development lifecycle.
· Further develop the Company's visual language and consistent user experience, taking inspiration from the marketing-driven brand guidelines and adapting these to work within a fast-moving and developing product offering.
· Work closely with developers to help them understand these needs and the importance of the user experience. Deliver designs and prototypes to developers that accurately reflect the business requirements and collaborate with developers during the implementation to ensure the user experience matches your vision.
· Work closely with product managers and business analysts to clearly reflect user journeys within the UI design, including offering challenge and collaboration where the user experience is not fully considered in these requirements.
· 3+ Years' experience in UI design or closely related field, with a portfolio of high-quality work that you are able to discuss in an interview and describe the processes involved in creating it and your contribution to the process.
· Honours Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
· Experience working with developers to implement practical designs which deliver user value.
· Experience of developing prototypes to gain early feedback on the user journeys through the UI, using Figma prototyping or similar.
· Skilled with design tools such as Adobe Suite, Adobe XD or similar tools.
· Ability to articulate UI requirements e.g. in wireframes, with a focus not just on flat visual design but navigation, data representation, copy, layout etc.
· Able to deliver quality designs for UI elements in isolation as well as entire sets of pages.
· Work with the Product Manager and Business Analyst to ensure that the designs are supported by suitable User Stories (written by the Product Managers and Business Analysts) that align with user needs and communicate these to the dev team.