We design and build web applications that support colleagues to make better decisions on a daily basis. These decisions are crucial to the success of the business and shape the future of our customer's experiences. We drive outcomes such as better pricing, better availability and new and improved, tastier products for customers.
As one of our UX designers you will be highly skilled with a passion for taking on complex problems. You will deliver intuitive solutions that surprise and delight users whilst delivering business value and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design, research, content and prototyping specialists. Together we align around our objectives to provide customer and business value. As a senior designer, you will be focusing on exploring and solving prioritised customer problems, pushing the boundaries of design whilst contributing to creation of best practices and maintaining consistent experience across all of our web based products and services.
With genuine appetite for complex information, you will have experience in research and technical implementation as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data is what drives our team and you will use it to empower your decisions to support and enhance the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their evolving needs. You're no stranger to web technologies and using these for creating in-browser prototypes. Optimisation tools will be your way of pushing the needle against your objectives and KPI's.
As our ideal candidate, you're passionate about the understanding the customer and championing their needs whilst utilising your experience with design systems and processes focusing on speed and collaboration.
You will be responsible for
- Represent the "User Experience" translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the right product delivering value to our customers and our business.
- Use multiple sources of data as a research process to define what site's primary objectives are and who are the primary customers for each of the objectives
- Coordinate and conduct usability tests, card sorting exercises, stakeholder interviews and user polling to help inform and evaluate design.
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
- In addition, work across the company's multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
- Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other stakeholders.
- This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioural Psychology or other related field.
- 4+ years of experience.
- The ideal candidate would have experience designing complex decision support applications, however this is not a requirement.
- Remote / London / Welwyn Garden City
- Up to £700 p/d