*Exclusive to Hydrogen Role - Immediately Interviews*
Senior Backend Engineer - Java / Scala/ Spark
Austin, TX - 80% on site, 20% Remote
Long Term Contract
Committed Interview Slots 23rd and 24th
Our client has asked to work exclusively with them to hire an experienced Backend Developer for a key role within their existing Dev team in Austin, TX.
This will be a long term contract engagement with a focus on improving our client's internal infrastructure and integration as they continue to improve and modernize their technology as well as developing commercial customer facing applications.
- This will include migrating and redesigning legacy applications to modern Java Versions.
- Maintaining and creating new ETL processes from in both Spark and AWS Glue
- Building REST APIs for application and cross-application consumption
- Building out and designing new commercial customer facing and internal applications
Both W2 employment with full medical package and independent contractor employment options
Flexible start and finish times along with ability to work remotely 20% of the time
Opportunity to move into full time role if desired or to continue as a long term contractor
Streamlined Interview Process:
Initial telephone interviews from Thursday 24th, followed quickly by onsite technical early next week and a committed feedback process to give successful candidates an offer in hand within hours of completing the final round.
- 5+ years of experience with Java working on large scale commercial applications
- Experience using Scala with AWS Glue or Spark
- Strong experience using Docker containers, preferably with AWS Fargate
- Strong Agile experience
- Demonstrable ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and able to adapt approach to deliver business objectives
- Good sense of humor
Apply directly or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate screening and interview booking!
#LI-MD2 #LI-96 #LI-DNI