Job Title: Data Scientist
About our Client:
My client is an ASX listed, fast growing fintech organisation and is looking at hiring an experienced Data Scientist to help formulate and further drive their data science and analytics strategy roadmap.
The Data Scientist is responsible for leading the use of data to build advanced analytical machine learning models, and optimization techniques to support business areas such as risk selection, customer segmentation & lifetime value and fraud detection.
You would be joining a growing Data Science team and help craft the processes and practices for future team members. This is your chance to work on a wide variety of verticals and business problems in the small business space.
· Proven experience as a hands-on data scientist, formulating and delivering strategy and data solutions
· 7-10 years Data science, predictive modelling and analytics experience in commercial environments
· Ability to deliver advance analytics and predictive modelling solutions
· Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to consult with stakeholders internally to drive data driven projects within the organisation
· Ability to drive data driven decision making process within a similar industry
· Demonstrated experience driving operational change through the use of data science and analytics
· Exposure to Big Data platforms (E.g. AWS) and applications (E.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
· Broader programming skills would be highly desirable – SQL, R, Python
· Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Qlik Sense.
· PHD or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
We are seeking data and intellectually driven leaders who have the experience of driving change towards data based decision making in financial services industry and who want to be part of a fast growing fintech organisation. Excellent communication skills in both the written and verbal form will be required.
What's on offer?
The opportunity to work a young and fast growing fintech organisation and working with the brightest minds in the financial services space.
Very competitive compensation package plus other benefits (160 - 180k package plus bonus)