Sr. Insights Data Analyst - contract
Location: Central London
Duration: 12 Months
Day Rate: Up to £245
As a Senior Data Analytics based in our London office, you will be subject-matter expert in processes and revenue optimisation through in-depth analytics and recommendations to the market, specifically supporting our Supply Transportation vertical (mainly Air, Car and Rail data, but on occasion Hotels).
Working closely with senior management, you will develop complex models and tools, perform and present analysis of supplier data and identify trends, patterns and optimisation opportunities. Development of recurring, and where possible automated, reports and dashboards to meet the teams ongoing needs around supplier data will also be a key part of the role.
What you’ll do
• Provide customised analysis and metrics to support the value proposition and negotiations with suppliers,
• Deliver accurate and impactful reports based on a solid understanding of the data sources and business needs; Manipulation of data and running models using Excel, Access, Tableau, Business Objects, and SQL
• Assist in the preparation of supplier monthly performance reviews and provide insights and analysis associated with the results as needed
• Production and automation, of standard dashboard and ad-hoc reports to support the Supply team activities
• Identification of untapped revenue improvement opportunities, and production of compelling strategic recommendations in a clear and professional manner.
• Provide guidance to Supply teams, for data mining enquiries and for production of pre-negotiation revenue projections or market share shifting scenarios
Who you are
• Ideally you will have a background of working with Airlines (pricing, yield management...), Travel Agencies or similar
• You bring a track record of developing large, complex spreadsheet models, in a relevant analytical role
• You will be an experienced Excel user particularly possessing Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, including advanced formulae, pivot tables, advanced charting, formatting etc. with experience using Access and PowerPivot a positive
• Ideally you will have proven experience of using SQL, as well as an understanding of business intelligence (BI) tools, such as Business Objects, Tableau or similar
• You bring strong written and oral communication skills
#LI-SP1 #LI-41 #LI-DNI