SAP BW Consultant - London - Contract
Duration: 6 months initially
Pay Rate: Up to £600
Location: Central London
The BI Developer will report operationally to the BI Technical Lead and will be responsible for maintenance, development and administration of the data warehouse environment (BW 7.5, and BO 4.2) in line with the approved development plans, change requests and the operational service levels.
The BI Developer will play a key role in advising users and satisfying their requirements relating to Data Structures and the delivery of Reporting and Business Intelligence services. A key focus of the role will be to manage business demand and work proactively with the business to maximise the value to the business from the management information and reporting. The BI Developer will proactively identify where existing systems can be enhanced and the data reporting environment improved.
The BI Developer will take part in the implementation of new data warehouse solutions based on SAP BI and ABAP (Objects)
· Provide insight on the impacts of data requests (new/change/deletion etc.) from an end-to-end process prospective and also a systems and data integrity perspective.
· Support development of the following applications: BW 7.5, Business Objects 4.2, BI 4.2 Dashboards, BI 4.2 OLAP Analysis, Analysis for Office for Office tools Web Intelligence, Lumira, SAC, SAP BW Query Designer in line with the approved development plans, change requests and the operational service levels, keep system and support documentation up to date.
· Take part in the BI projects and upgrade of the existing application and the implementation of new data warehouse solutions based on SAP BI and ABAP (Objects) and will support the maintenance and integrity of the BBC Business Analytics Offerings .
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
· Sound understanding of system data controls, SAP-related segregation of duties and fraud and risk management requirements in a complex organisation.
· Knowledge of BW 7.5, Business Objects 4.2, BI 4,2 Dashboards, BI 4.2 OLAP Analysis, Analysis for Office tools, Web Intelligence, Lumira, SAC, SAP BW Query Designer, ABAP for BW
· Very strong analytical skills with a particular emphasis on understanding and transforming large volumes of complex data into valuable business information.
· Strong capability in working with end users and translating their business aspirations into very tangible data analysis and reporting solutions.
· Experience of working with BODS will be an advantage.
· Experience of working in an agile environment.
· Previous experience in the finance is advantageous.
· A strong understanding of Data Protection legislation and how it impacts access controls.
· A strong database knowledge gained working with technically advanced industry recognised database products of the scale and complexity of technologies such as DB2, Oracle, Microsoft-SQL etc.
#LI-SP1 #LI-41 #LI-DNI