Job title: Technical Test Specialist (Functional)
Contract Type: Permanent
My client, a large UK based mutual life, pensions and Investment Company have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Technical Test Specialist to join their Test Optimisation team. The main purpose of the role is to offer an SME/Consultancy type service across portfolios, with prime focus on functional test automation discipline, which will guide various teams that test through to production and apply knowledge transfer from various sources for a more efficient delivery.
This is a great opportunity to join a brand new team.
What will you be doing -
· Provides inputs and assistance to Test Optimisation Manager for overall RLG Test Policy and Test Strategy.
· Recommend an automation test approach & Strategy for different portfolios within RLG.
· Implement automation testing standards and testing best practice across the Group, and ensure Best Practice is being adhered to on projects.
· Provide training and consultancy on Test Automation Best Practise to test teams within all RLG portfolios.
· Ensures that performance, security, power down, maintenance and operational acceptance testing is considered and supported for their line of business.
· Ensures that UAT/Model Office/Readiness activity is considered and supported.
· Evaluates the team’s performance against key deliverables and measures quality against agreed internal benchmarks.
· Promotes the use of automation and the re-use of frameworks to avoid manual effort and re-work.
· Collaborates with 3rd party delivery partners on testing, statements of work and feeding back on performance.
What we’re looking for -
· Working knowledge of the Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid software development life cycles
· Has deep knowledge of test automation strategies, best practices and automation tools with focus on Desktop, Web and Mobile applications at integration, system, UAT and OAT levels
· Has deep knowledge of functional test automation at API, GUI, Database, Services and ETL levels
· Working knowledge of some of these test automation tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor, SoapUI, Postman, ReadyAPI, UFT, Test Complete, Fitnesse.
· Working knowledge of some of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, Ruby
· Has successfully led test teams to deliver complex solutions
Skills that will help you in the role -
· Experience using Java, Python, C# and Ruby
· Experience with Selenium, Cucumber,
· Experience working in an Agile team
Please get in touch for more information!
#LI-CT3 #LI-96 #LI-DNI