Data Engineer – Edinburgh – Financial Services
Duration: 6 months with a view to extend
The Hydrogen Group are looking for Data Engineers to support our consultancy in Edinburgh. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the data for a large-scale organisation and influence the design and architecture as you help to develop the enterprise data warehouse in AWS. Successful candidates work closely with the project Data Modeller and Data Architect to build out the Enterprise Data Model in Data Warehouse.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in building data models and data warehouses
· Previous experience working with data in the financial services
· 3+ years’ working with AWS tools such as Lambda, S3, Apache Spark, AWS Data Pipeline, EMR Redshift or other RDS
· At least 3 years’ experience of using a mixture of tools/languages/concepts (SQL, python, Spark, data lakes, APIs, Lambda, data tiering, normalisation, data schemas)
· Previous experience using DevOps tools such as real-time data, DMS, Kafka, Kinesis etc
· Ideally have some awareness of the information security/data protection/governance and change management involved in working in a bank.
· Agile Scrum Teamwork
#LI-AW4 #LI-43 #LI-41 #LI-DNI