About our Client:
My client is one of the fastest growing financial services companies in ANZ region. They are continuing their data journey and are looking for a Lead Data Engineer with in their Sydney Office.
An experienced Lead Data Engineer I needed to develop and drive the overall strategy and vision for data within the organisation. You will be a hands on Sr. Data Engineer position with experience in Python API and CI/CD experience.
• Data Engineer will expand and optimise our clients’ data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
• Hands on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Python, Scala and Kafka.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring a small development team
• Must have at least 3 years of experience with Data Ingestion, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Quality, Master and Meta Data Management some experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau or Spotfire.
• Should have experience with CI/CD tools and automation.
• Experience working with Cloudera or Hortonworks experience preferred
• Build robust, efficient and reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources to ingest and process data into cloud platform.
• Hands on experience working with Advanced SQL, Java, Python and other Scripting languages.
• Should have good stakeholder management and communications skills will allow you to successfully keep the team updated on deliverables and ensure key project stakeholders are aware of progress against project milestones.
• Experience working with different business units to support the execution of machine learning, AI and analytics to solve real-world business problems
• Provide thought leadership in support of design and implementation of a big-data platform. Lead in the transformation from structured to unstructured data, evaluating new technologies and approaches leading to scalable Big Data platforms.
The Successful candidate
With both permanent and contract positions available we encourage candidates with skills in the above area to contact the team at Hydrogen for confidential discussions. We are seeking intellectually capable, personable and change driven individuals who want to be part of a market leading consulting organisation. First class communication skills in both the written and verbal form will be required.
What's on offer?
The opportunity to work with world class thought leaders in the digital transformation, Big data, Data science, RPA and AI space. International and local career progression.
Competitive salaries depending on experience.
#LI-AR1 #LI-96 #LI-DNI