NSX Sr. Engineer
· Drives the technical implementation of security tools and capabilities, including requirements, design, risk considerations and physical implementation support.
· Interfaces with client architects and engineers to build, gather feedback, reach consensus, and explain the proposed design to a technical and non-technical audience
· Provide network security, end-point security and firewall security requirements, design, development and implementation capabilities and experience.
· Understand and communicate common practices for various network, end-point and firewall security implementations
· Team with IT stakeholders on key infrastructure and application decisions to facilitate informed decisions that may impact security and the user experience
· Liaises across Technology including infrastructure, applications, development, and data centers. Partners with business stakeholders across all areas of the company
· Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
· Understand complex business and information technology management processes while tailoring security related recommendations, strategies, and solution threads
· Communicate appropriately and effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Assist in the selection and tailoring of security approaches, methods, and tools to support client engagements
· Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
· Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
· Prior experience writing and interpreting requirements for the implementation of network security and controls, endpoint security and firewall appliances and systems
· Experience with network design including LAN, WAN and DMZ
· 7+ years of experience in information security, network operations and network design
· BA/BS in information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, specifically in network, end-point and firewall technologies, including executive reporting and presentations of new ideas
· Industry experience in Life Sciences is a plus, but not required
· Knowledge on VMWare vSphere 6.5
· Knowledge on VMWare NSX 6.x and above
· Expertise in Tableau or any reporting tool
· Expertise in Excel