April 6, 2016
Applying for your first job can be daunting and exciting in equal measure. Some top tips to keep in mind are:
- Keep your CV to no more than 2 pages; employers are often looking through 100’s of CVs a day and if a CV is too wordy it may put them off
- Tailor your CV to the job you are applying for; if you are applying for a number of different roles in different areas try and keep track of who you've applied to and if your CV reflects that application
- Research the companies you are applying to; there is nothing more frustrating for a recruiter or employer than an applicant who has applied for a role but they have no idea what the job is or who the company are!
- Apply directly rather than through portals; this gives the impression you are keen and have researched the business well enough to make an informed application
- Follow up on your application; don’t be afraid to call up and say that you have made an application but haven’t heard back on it. Your application may have been lost in amongst the many received but it doesn't mean it isn't a gem and more to the point, again it makes you look super keen!
- Don’t add personal info like your National Insurance Number but do remember to make sure your contact details are on your CV!
If you’re up for the challenge of establishing new relationships with clients and candidates, whilst firming working relationships with existing clients and candidates via research, networking and general business development, and exceed monthly and quarterly targets, then we want to hear from you!
Search our job roles today