Hydrogen Group Pty Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is the policy of Hydrogen to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. Hydrogen is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and any relevant Health Privacy Principles under State legislation.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hydrogengroup.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site (if applicable), subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- Information contained in your CV if you choose to upload one. On occasion this may include sensitive personal data such as details of criminal convictions or ethnic origin
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
Sensitive information is a category of personal information under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. It is information or opinion about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union, criminal record, health or disability etc. As outlined in the Australian Privacy Act, sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs, or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the CV section below for more details of how we may use or disclose the information in your CV
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in NSW). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Please take note, if you attend one of our events, we often take photos and/or record the event to share with our networks who couldn’t attend in person, via social media or otherwise. You hereby consent to the sharing of any media taken at our events. If you attend one of our events and do not wish to appear in any post-event photos and/or filming, please contact us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We will send your personal information, including sensitive personal information, to our clients in order for you to apply for jobs
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users / delegates will be one of the transferred assets
- Where we have retained them to provide services, at the request of our client, such as reference, qualification and reference checking services, or the verification of any third party data provided by you
Curriculum Vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our site or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific job or for general applications. Your CV will be stored in our database, and will be accessible by our recruitment consultants in the Australia, and other employees of Hydrogen Group of companies worldwide, including but not limited to UK, Singapore, Norway, US and Hong Kong. Your CV may also be e-mailed directly to other Hydrogen Group global offices for review and entry onto their own in-house database to enable them to provide their services to you. In addition, our recruitment database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in other offices of the Hydrogen Group plc, for such purposes as business development and to enable them to provide their recruitment services to you.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive should you decide to stop receiving such emails. Job alerts emails are sent by us or one of our group companies.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Australian Privacy Principles you have the right to access information we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches confidentiality that applies to that information. To make a request you will need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying the information required. We may impose a charge to you in providing the access to cover all administration costs.
We will endeavour to respond to your comment in a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response or would like to report any breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).